As one of the leading international programs on Coursera, the Global MBA from Macquarie University transcends borders in many ways.
Macquarie University is based in Sydney, Australia, but the international reach of its online Global MBA includes current and former students from over 50 countries – including Singapore, USA, Hong Kong, Canada, Germany, Japan, India, UK, New Zealand, China ! And as a student on the programme, you can build your global network through a variety of opportunities with peers and professors, including:
- Professor-led weekly live sessions and small group discussions
- Student-led community spaces via Slack and forums to make connections, as well as schedule virtual meetings and worldwide in-person events!
- Career coaching programs for mentorship and career development
- Lecture events and research discussions from industry leaders and academics
- Strong alumni community, leading events and meetings taking place worldwide or online
The educational experience is world-class and has received recognition, achieving the #1 spot for classroom experience in the global QS 2021 Online MBA rankings, as well as the Top 20 Online MBA, QS 2022. The students in the program also work in many industries around the world such as entertainment , energy, business, healthcare, engineering, finance and education – so your MBA experience will not only be culturally diverse but also industry rich.
See what students and alumni have to say about their Global MBA program:
“We developed the skills to lead teams virtually in a global network. We worked with people from different cultures and backgrounds. One of the biggest benefits for me was actually learning from the people I worked with on projects – learning how they think and their approach to solving problems. There is a perception of online learning that it may not be as effective as traditional learning, but this course broke down those barriers.”
– Chris Uren, Global MBA Alumni and Crew Performance Manager at Qantas Airlines (Image credit: Chris Pavlich – The Australian)
“I love the flexibility and accessibility. When I started the program, I was working in a full-time role as Associate Director of Business Management at a financial firm. I was also pregnant and had a demanding preschooler at home to care for. Online learning allowed me to continue my degree. I was able to learn on my own time. The program also has a thriving Slack community and local meetups. Although I initially thought I might not have many networking opportunities, I was pleasantly surprised by the rich interaction that is made possible by digital tools.”
– Nandita Carvalho, Global MBA student, fintech executive and working parent
Chris and Nandita’s stories are just two examples of how you can learn important career skills, achieve work-life balance, advance your career and build your professional global network by enrolling in the Global MBA from Macquarie University. If you’re ready to take the plunge and start your MBA, enroll in the Macquarie Global MBA and prepare for a world-class, globally diverse experience.