The Colombian team gave the surprise again. He had already done it against Brazil and this time he beat Paraguay in Asunción on the 6th of South American Qualifiers way to the world Cup United States, Mexico and Canada.
Rafael Santos Borré was the author of the only goal at the Defensores del Chaco stadium from the penalty spot; In this way, the cast directed by Nestor Lorenzo their sixth consecutive match without losing and their second victory in a row. Likewise, it is located in first place in the contest along with Argentina.
– MIN 90+6: The match ended. Colombia beat Paraguay 1-0 in Asunción.
– MIN 58: Luis Díaz missed a clear scoring opportunity. Goalkeeper Carlos Coronel took the ball over the line.
– MIN 48: The complementary stage of Paraguay vs Colombia began.
– MIN 45+3: The first half ended. Colombia beats Paraguay by the minimum.
– MIN 43: UFFFF! James Rodríguez shot from long distance and hit the post. Colombia’s second is almost here.
– MIN 10: Golazoooo of Rafael Santos Borré. Colombia wins 1-0 against Paraguay.
– MIN 08: Penalty for Colombia! Hand of Omar Alderete.
– MIN 01: The match started in Asunción.
– Colombia: Camilo Vargas; John Lucumí, Yerry Mina, Daniel Muñoz, Cristian Borja; Kevin Castaño, Jefferson Lerma, Luis Díaz, James Rodríguez, John Arias; Rafael Santos Borré.
– Paraguay: Carlos Coronel; Juan Cáceres, Gustavo Gómez, Omar Alderete, Matías Espinoza; Matías Rojas, Mathías Villasanti, Andrés Cubas, Ramón Sosa; Antonio Sanabria and Adam Bareiro.
The team led by Nestor Lorenzo He starts as a favorite to win despite being a visitor. And the fact is that turning the game back to Brazil it’s not everydayIn fact, he surpassed it for the first time in the history of the Conmebol qualifiers. Without a doubt, the figure was the extreme Luis Diazwho had the support of his father in the stands and scored a double.
With this result, the ‘coffee growers’ They added 9 points and reached third place in the table, only behind Uruguay (10) y Argentina (12). They will seek to take advantage of the emotional momentum to register a new victory that will allow them to dream of finishing 2023 at the top of the table. For this, the ‘celeste’ y ‘albiceleste’ They should not win.
The ‘albirroja’for its part, snatched a 0-0 draw from the team of Chile at the Monumental stadium in Santiago, which caused the departure of the Argentine coach Eduardo Berizzodespite being with ten men the entire second half after the expulsion of their defender Robert Rojas.
With the point obtained away from home, they extended their undefeated streak of two games and entered the playoff qualifying zone. Currently, he is in the seventh box with 5 units. Since the strategist Daniel Garnero assumed command of the squad ‘Guarani’, only fell once. This was against the current world champion.
Just as Paraguay will not be able to count on Rojas for receiving the red card; Colombia will not have a defender available either. It’s about the defender Davinson Sanchez; who added his second yellow in this contest against the ‘yellow green’ and was suspended for this meeting.
The channel that broadcasts all the 2026 Qualifiers for Peruvian screens is Movistar Sports. In that sense, taking into account that many matches on the sixth day coincide in the hours, the clash between Colombians and Paraguayans will pass through the signal of GOLPERU (14 o 714 HD).
As for other countries in the region, it will be broadcast as follows: In Paraguay, for GEN. In Colombia, for, RCN, Gol, Snail TV y Snail Play.
This match will have many confrontations in different parts of the field and one that always attracts attention is the versus of attackers, especially those responsible for the goal. The ‘tricolor’ He has scored a total of five goals so far and not all of them were from his center forward Rafael Santos Borré.
The Werder Bremen player only celebrated once and the team’s scorer ‘coffee maker’ es Luis Diaz after his double against Brazil. With respect to ‘albirroja’ only scored one ‘diana’ in the first five dates. The author was Antonio Sanabria in the victory over Bolivia. These two athletes mentioned will have the responsibility of opening the scoring in Defensores del Chaco.
Paraguay’s record playing at home against Colombia in the Qualifiers is disastrous. Of the five most recent duels, they lost four and barely tied one. The last time they won at home occurred on April 2, 1997 on the way to the France 98 World Cup when they won 2-1 with an own goal from Hugo Galeano and a goal from Derlis Soto.
The post first appeared on www.infobae.com