Thomas Markle has slammed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as “cruel” while begging his estranged daughter to let him meet his grandchildren.
Sitting down with UK breakfast show Good Morning Britain on Monday, Mr Markle, 79, made the impassioned plea stating he was desperate to see his grandkids, The NY Post reports.
“I’m very upset about it as well because this is a cruel thing to do to a grandparent,” he told hosts Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley.
“To deny the right to see their grandchild.”
He claimed that due to California law, he “can actually sue to see them,” but later added that “he didn’t want to do that”.
“The other thing is I’ve done nothing wrong. There’s nothing that points to say I’m a bad guy,” Mr Markle continued.
“I’m a really loving father and she knows that, and there’s no excuse for treating me this way — no excuse to treat grandparents that way.”
Meghan Markle, 42, and Prince Harry, 39, are parents of son Archie, 3, and daughter Lilibet. The Post reached out to the couple for comment.
“Meghan lived with me from sixth grade to high school and I never saw anything like that,” Mr Markle recalled about the Suits actorin the interview. “I never saw the kind of woman she turned into. I am shocked”.
According to her father, “She is not the person I knew as my daughter”.
When asked by the moderator if he believed that Prince Harry had an effect on her behaviour, he insisted that it was the other way around.
“I think she has an influence on Harry more than he does on her,” Mr Markle confidently stated.
“King Charles has done nothing wrong too and he is denied the kids as well as I am.”
Meghan’s relationship with her father became strained in 2018 shortly before her wedding to Prince Harry, and has only continued to sour after the Hollywood director suffered a stroke last year.
Despite the Duchess’ stance, Mr Markle said: “I am always here for her, I still love her — I’ll love her forever”.
He continued: “That will never change but I want her to reach out to me and let me see my grandkids and let me have a little peace”.
The interview came shortly after Mr Markle claimed that he had no knowledge or involvement in a royal sightseeing tour that was organised by his friend Karl Larsen.
“I never gave my approval to Karl Larsen for any tour anywhere,” he told the Daily Mail. “I am not involved in any way.”
Potential sightseers were promised an “in-depth tour” of the area where Meghan grew up and where she and her husband call home.
In the since-deleted ad viewed by The Post, Mr Larsen wrote in the description: “I’m the world-famous celebrity photographer Karl Larsen, a best friend of Thomas Markle (Meghan’s father) and the guy with a stunning exclusive portfolio of pictures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle together in Montecito”.
Mr Larsen has since deleted the post and claimed that he had “no intentions” of driving past the Sussexes’ house.
This article originally appeared in The New York Post and was reproduced with permission.
The Post Thomas Markle trashes ‘cruel’ Prince Harry and Meghan Markle — begs to see grandkids Originally Posted on www.news.com.au