Join gamers online at the GamesBeat Summit Next next 9-10. November. Learn more about what comes next.
The French publisher Microids announced today that it is working on a remake of Joe & Mac with developer Mr. Nutz Studio.
Joe & Mac is a cooperative action platformer with two cavemen fighting an army of dinosaurs. It debuted in 1991 in arcades, though many know best the game for its SNES version.
This new game titled Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja will be released in 2022 for PC and unspecified consoles. The first screenshots show a hand-drawn aesthetic similar to what we’ve seen in other sidescroller remakes, like Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
Microids notes that Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja will feature new levels and features, including an original adventure mode.
GamesBeat’s creed when coverage of the gaming industry is “where passion meets business.” What does it mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a game maker, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts or watch our videos, GamesBeat helps you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging in it.
How will you do it? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, e.g. DeanBeat
- The wonderful, informative and funny speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special interviews for members only, chats and “open offices” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chat with community members, GamesBeat staff and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties