Apple today released iOS 15.0.2 and iPadOS 15.0.2 for iPhones and iPads. This is the second minor point release of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 from Apple to fix various bugs and stability issues.
You can install iOS 15.0.2 on your iPhone by navigating to Settings -> General -> Software Update. iPad / iPad Pro owners can also follow the same steps to grab the iOS 15.0.2 update.
Below is the full release note for iOS 15.0.2 from Apple:
- Photos saved in your library from Messages may be deleted after removing the associated thread or message
- iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe may not connect Find My
- AirTag may not appear on the Find My Items tab
- CarPlay may not open audio apps or disconnect during playback
- Device recovery or update may fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 models
As highlighted in the change log, iOS 15.0.2 addresses the AirTag and CarPlay issues that many iPhone 13 users have faced since launch day.
In addition to iOS 15.0.2, Apple also released watchOS 8.0.1, which fixed some Apple Watch Series 3-related bugs.
- For some Apple Watch Series 3 users, the progress of the software update may not be accurate
Accessibility settings may not have been available for some Apple Watch Series 3 users
Apple is also testing iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1, which include several new features and changes.