We are reaching the final stages of preparation for our Series A investment raise here at CleanTechnica. For the first time ever, outsiders will be able to own a share (or many shares) in one of the world’s most influential clean energy news organizations. And we’re creating an opportunity for our readers to get a discount deal through an Earlybird round before we open it up to the general public.
As you know, CleanTechnica has been actively educating people about cleantech for more than a decade now. I don’t know about you, but I really feel like it’s time to blow the lid off and really accelerate the cleantech revolution. With that in mind, we will begin seeking equity investment for the first time ever and hope to raise $3-4 million early next year. We will be doing an equity crowdfunding raise through one of the online portals made for just such things. You can own shares in our company and we will try to ensure that you have more options to cash out when you want.
Ready to join our potential investor list? Click here. Not ready yet? Read on for more info.
Part of the reason is climate anxiety. With the latest IPCC report, I have crossed the line of “no more futzing around.” Part of it is frustration with FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt). FUD is actively spread by parties who stand to be on the wrong side of history and lose a lot of money if we move our economy too quickly. I understand and empathize more than I ever have with the people working in dirty energy, and at the same time it is clear that it is time to make the transition ASAP (see point #1), but to do it fairly and with as little damage as possible (hopefully none!) among the working class. CleanTechnica shines a light on FUD and counters it at every turn, but our reach is not enough compared to so many well-funded PR machines and legacy media organizations that can drown out our voice with chaos and noise designed to confuse.
Investment in CleanTechnica will give you an ownership stake in one of the most respected clean energy news organizations out there. It will give you early access to a company that is a leader in a field that is only getting more and more massive with each passing day. We are in it for the long haul and there is so much to do.
Here’s what our plan is for the money:
- Hire some talent to help us take the next leap. We believe it’s time to hire some more people who are qualified to take a media organization into the next phase – multimedia, operations and partnerships.
- Promote ourselves. Did you know that we have never spent a penny on marketing ourselves? Everything we’ve done is only organic – we’ve earned every single reader we have (thanks everyone for being so good; for reading, sharing, commenting and contributing to a cleantech future).
- Be creative. We have so many back-burner projects that never seem to see the light of day, projects that could help us reach more people with positive, needs-driven messages to help them transition. We have ideas for documentaries, posters, books, conferences…
- Expand our platforms. We have a great podcast that we want to grow, and we have a YouTube channel that’s still pretty nascent. Heck, our Instagram just started.
- Reach WAY beyond the early adopters. You know who needs electric cars, clean power and healthy food? Everybody. Do you know who we primarily reach? Rich, white, English-speaking men. As a society, we desperately need to get cleantech into all societies. We will use this extra money to expand our reach to a much wider part of the community, including launching our Spanish language channel.
So…do you want to join?
Invest in CleanTechnica! Click here to add your name to our list of potential investors and I will personally contact you to check in within the next few months.
On behalf of Zach, Derek, Jo, Danielle, all the writers and the rest of our amazing team, thank you!
Do you appreciate CleanTechnica’s originality and cleantech news coverage? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica member, supporter, technician or ambassador – or patron on Patreon.
Don’t want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica by email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.