Monday, November 20, 2023
Books – Nashaat Ali:
The House of Representatives, during its plenary session today headed by Counselor Dr. Hanafi Jabali, finally approved the draft law on reconciliation of building violations.
Representative Mohamed Attia Al-Fayoumi, Chairman of the Housing Committee, confirmed that the main philosophy of the draft law crystallizes in avoiding the problems revealed by the practical application of Law No. (17) of 2019, amended by Law No. (1) of 2020 regarding reconciliation of some building violations and legalizing their status, in addition to this. To facilitate the procedures for citizens, which would encourage them to submit requests to legalize the violations, while adhering to verifying the availability of structural safety.
He added, the provisions of the draft law aimed to provide many facilities to citizens, the most important of which are:
– The possibility of reconciliation on some violations for which reconciliation is prohibited by controls (regulation lines – distinct buildings – exceeding height and civil aviation restrictions – easement rights).
– Allowing reconciliation outside the urban space (residential – non-residential).
– It allowed the Council of Ministers to ignore some violations that are prohibited from being reconciled and that are impossible or difficult to remove (3 times the price per meter).
– Providing the formation of committees from inside and outside the administrative body.
– In some cases, the Prime Minister was permitted to assign the formation and work of committees to any other party.
– Requiring a 25% payment to confirm the seriousness of the reconciliation.
– The Prime Minister was authorized to extend the period for accepting applications for other periods, for a period not exceeding 3 years.
– Allowing the submission of a consultant or union engineer’s report for buildings less than 200 square meters and not exceeding three floors in height.
The price per meter starts from 50 to 2500 pounds.
– Giving a 25% discount in the case of immediate payment.
– Allowing installments up to 5 years, including 3 years without interest.
– Allowing work to be completed within the same surface and height without any fees, subject to controls specified by the regulations.
- Allowing the re-examination of applications that were previously rejected in accordance with Law No. (17) of 2019 and proceeding with the procedures in accordance with the facilities made in the new law.
The post first appeared on www.masrawy.com