We may earn a commission if you make a purchase from the links on this page.
Software update for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
On the Google Pixel update page, Google writes: “The software update for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will begin rolling out to devices on January 14. This update includes all fixes listed below as well as all fixes for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro by December 2021- The update will be available for all devices during the following week, but the exact timing may vary depending on your mobile carrier and country. “
Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are without a doubt the best Pixel models ever
So let’s go back and look again at the issues you can solve on your 2021 Pixel handsets:
- Resolve an issue that causes the Pixel 6/6 Pro screen to unlock after a missed call when a screen lock is not set.
Networking and telephony
- Data connection enhancements on certain networks and conditions.
- Solve the problem that prevents the use of the Call Screen function when using the phone through certain wireless providers.
- Fix the issue that prevented these Pixel 6/6 Pro users with the Microsoft Team app installed from making emergency calls.
- Resolving an issue that prevents Pixel Stand configuration from launching apps is updated under certain conditions.
- Solve the problem that causes higher battery consumption in the background under certain conditions.
- Fix the issue that showed either too much data consumption or too little data consumption on the network menu for some providers.
- Resolve the issue that causes the device to restart under certain conditions after installing an OTA software update.
- Resolve the issue that caused a black frame to appear when you reject the Assistant overlay on the lock screen.
- Fix the issue that, under certain conditions, caused a memory leak in the system user interface.
- Solve the problem that causes the navigation bar to be hidden when switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa under certain conditions.
- Fix the issue that caused the PIP window to render incorrectly for some apps.
- Fix the issue that caused the Wi-Fi network to lose its connection under certain conditions.
- The update, which weighed in at a small 215 MB, can be installed on your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro by going to Settings > System > System update.
In our previous history of owning the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, we said that if you want both phones, do not let the fear of the fingerprint scanner and battery life prevent you from buying both models.